Developing your learning skills is one of the best investments you can make. More and more adults are going to college to learn these skills. This book is structured to cover the different aspects of returning to formal study, with a particular focus on the concerns and academic interests of mature students. An awareness of your learning strategies facilitates your college success. This book will change the way that you study by helping you think about yourself and how you learn.
The topics covered include:
• How to become a mature student
• Understanding yourself as a learner
• Forming effective study habits
• Academic culture and study expectations
• Mastering key study strategies – managing time and resources; reading academic books; making notes from reading; taking notes during lectures; writing essays and preparing for examinations.
• Knowing about learning resources