About the author
Fr. James Good was born in Cork City, Ireland in 1924, and was ordained a priest for the diocese of Cork in 1948. After a B.A. (Ancient Classics), he took a doctorate in theology (D.D., Maynooth 1950_, and taught in All Hallows College, Dublin (1950-3). He acquired a doctorate in philosophy (D.Ph., Innsbruck 1954), and subsequently held a number of teaching and administrative posts in University College, Cork and in the diocese of Cork. He was well known as a writer and broadcaster. In 1975 he left Ireland to work as a priest in the diocese of Lodwar, Kenya, and lived in the Turkana Desert until his return to his native Cork in 1999. He was awarded an honorary D. Lit from the National University of Ireland in that year, and lived in retirement in Douglas Cork until he passed away in 2018.